Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting Ready for Hunting Season

Been working on all kinds of hunting related activities:
 1)  getting hunting spots ready - treestand sites, herbicide trails, etc.
 2) watched deer coming out in the evening - about 30 each night with a couple of fairly nice 
     bucks 3 1/2 and 4 1/2.
 3) I've been working out since we came back from our cruise to boost my upper body strength.
     Am happy with progress and my will to stick to it. I wish my weight would go down as
     quickly. The upper body strength is more important to me right now.
 4) Re fletched some arrows and have been shooting the recurve quite a bit. Am pleased with
     that aspect.
 5) I was having trouble with my progressive lenses and seeing the 5 site pins on my compound.
     So, I purchased a single pin , movable sight and sold the other one. I've been shooting with 
     long -time friend Dennis and he had one of these sights and shot well with it. We got mine set
     up on our first meeting. Yesterday we shot again and tweeked settings. I ended the day 
     shooting a 24" group at 80 yards ( 80 is fun but I'd not try an animal that far). 

Dennis and I talked about our elk trip next year and finished by shooting an elk target at 50 yds.

A friend called and invited me for the first day of dove season. He said there are more doves so
far this season as hes ever seen. The sunflower field is in perfect condition. 

Stay tuned for a lot more with some great photos ...

No comments:

Post a Comment