Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Dove

Had an invite to shoot doves along with about 8 others. Went out at about 1 pm and had a pretty good shoot. Used the 20 ga. Beneli Montefeltro and 7 1/2 shot. The wind was about 15 mph and made shooting tough at the end of the field I was on (downwind end). Some of the doves boosted by the wind made me look foolish more times than I want to remember. Maybe I should practice shooting the shotgun a little more as the recurve gets all the attention these days.  My shooting was not up to par but I was able to take 11 of the 15 bird bag limit. Two of the fellows got their limit before I left. Hope everyone had as good a time as I did. Topped off the day with a nice labor day meal with my daughter and her family.

Look out dove if I get a second chance at you.

Looks like the remants of Hurricane Lee will be getting to our area the next 4 days. Hope the next big one in the Atlantic right now doesn't hit the East coast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment