Monday, September 5, 2011

Sight in Drenalin

I might be weird but I use the recurve and the compound depending on where I am taking a stand. I shoot at least on session with the recurve each day but only shoot the Matthews once every two weeks. Before the Delaware opener I wanted to make sure the pins were still sighted in on the compound. My first pin covers 1 - 30 yards. The second pin 30 - 40 yards. Third 40 - 50 yards and the final pin 60 yards +. Didn't have to move them much and was good up to 60 yards (I doubt that I would ever shoot at any animal that far unless it wasan elk or moose.

Also finished making a dozen arrows for the new recurve. I needed to change to a Beman MFX Classic 500 instead of the 400s I've been shooting. They fly better as I was on the fence with the 400s. The new ones with 200 grain BH weighs in at 548 grains making them almost 11 gpi. I fletched them with three, 5 inch, yellow barred feathers. They do really fly well. I hope to deliver some broadheads from it into some nice deer this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment