Friday, December 3, 2010

Sika Country Gun

Tried the old sika spot in Dorchester this am despite the strong winds and it was fairly cold. Actually the wind swung around and blew the wrong way. When that happens I'm out of there; and so I was. I didn't see nor hear anything while I was hunting.

Stopped at the Birthday Boy's shop Jason Kephart and picked up a thumbhole stock I bought for the Encore. Jason felt, as I did, that the season was kinda slow...not much movement. Maybe this string of cold weather days will help. I want to take a sika hind to put in the freezer this week...that doesn't mean I won't put a good stag on the ground though.

Tomorrow morning  will be fun as I take Joshua, my grandson, again with hopes that he can take a sika or a decent whitetail buck. I better take a sleeping bag for him to crawl into as it is supposed to be pretty darn brisk. He is excited to go...I do believe the hunting fire burns in him...we'll see.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment