Saturday, October 13, 2012

Calling Them In?????

As most of you know myself and my partner in sika crime love pursuing stags on the ground and then trying to call them. This week we hit some of our regular spots in Dorchester and had a blast. It was at one of these spots that we got a stag to respond to a bugle at about 11:30. My partner worked around me bugling, splashing water and trying to get the stag to pass by me for a shot. He was behind me about 100 yards and let go with a great bugle. He immediately heard some commotion behind him and turned to see two "mighty stag hunters" trotting, bows in hand, right towards him. As they closed the distance they finally got close enough to see him. He gave them a big ole, toothy "Joe Biden" grin and they turned and disappeared pronto. He couldn't wait to tell me and the whole incident is still bringing us a barrel of laughs. They say laughter brings joy to the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment