Thursday, October 11, 2012

First Blood of the Season

Wow ... just realized I hadn't posted my first archery kill  last week on here. Conditions were good except for the high temp ... 80s. Hunted an evening spot where I could see whitetails and/or sikas. First deer seen was a doe fawn eating acorns then came to a small pond about 18 yards from the stand. She watered then fed away. 15 mins later I saw some deer on the ridge feeding on acorns as well. One big doe broke away from the rest and came to the waterhole. She was sleek and health looking. I took the shot and she fell about 50 yards away within 20 yards of the food plot for easy pick up. Upon field dressing, both lungs were scrambled. She dressed out at 92 lbs at the processor. Yum ... good eating. No hero pics ... you know what they look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment