Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stick Bologna

Aftet shooting a few doves, the temps were kind of warm but headed for a sika stand anyways. The wind was right and darkness was setting in when I caught some motion. The binocs said sika hind and my mind said good eating. Ranged the animal, set the sight and waited for the right angle. Getting darker but figured a good shot and let fly. To my surprise, my arrow hit something which kicked it to the side to stick in the soil and the deer took off. Strange ??? .... got down and went to the arrow that showed no blood; no hair. Looked around and even walked where the deer exited ... no blood, hair etc. Went back and found the culprit ... the unseen limb. Moral to this story is don't think  sika tenderloin before its on the ground. Guess I'll order some "stick bologna".

No comments:

Post a Comment