Sunday, January 30, 2011

End of Deer Season - MD and DE

Well, I ended the hunting part of deer season last night with a muzzleloader hunt in Delaware with friends. Posted up on a field to try to take a doe. Saw 8 deer, most on the other side of the field where a dad and so were located. I could have stretched a shot on a doe but would have possibly messed up an opportunity for the boy. He ended up taking a shot but missed.

Murphy's Law - across the road (still our property) 15 deer came out. One of my friends tried to put the "sneak" on them but no deal.

The last hunt for the sika stag occurred on Thursday...again with friends. My stag bugled once at about 75 yards but again wouldn't close until dark...pretty slick moves; not falling for any calling, water splashing, scents or a corn pile before dark. Hats of to you...I'll see ya next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment