Friday, January 21, 2011

Late Season Sikas

Have been hunting sikas the last two days at baited areas only to not see them in shootable times. The moon has been full for whatever that means. One evening I hunted a groundblind and had a couple whitetails come in before dark but no sikas. Yesterday morn I hunted off the end of a food plot and saw nothing but squirrels...a nice morning none the less. Two of us saw 0 movement. Yesterday pm four of us hunted and, unbelievably, not a hair was seen. My excitement...I had a stag bugle less than 100 yards from my position after last shooting light. Waited til dead dark and slipped out of there. All I could do was go home imagining how big he was.

If I can get my work done in time, I'll be heading over to Delaware for a late season doe...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment