Sunday, January 23, 2011

Late Season Sikas - Part 2

Met the farm owner yesterday afternoon and got on stand by 3:15 pm. I took the same location as the last hunt but moved around to a different stand for the wind that we had. It was very cold but I dressed properly. Took the compound this time. Saw a single WT doe skirt my location at 4:40. Then at 5:00 a WT button buck came in and fed at 10 yards...never detected me...good...left in 5 mins. I was still looking for that stag that showed up the night before at last light. At the very end of shooting time a WT doe and two fawns came in. The fawns fed the doe watched from the sidelines. They fed for 10 mins then left. No sikas showed nor did any stgas bugle. The owner saw 11 WT does and fawns but did not take a shot. All in all, a nice evening...consider myself blessed to be out. One more week left in both Maryland and Delaware. Will try to get out a few more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment