Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dove Hunt Fun

Received an invite from a friend today and, with my love for wing shooting, I gratefully accepted. The owner said the birds had been coming in late so at 3:00 pm six of us headed for the well kept sunflower field. It was hot and extremely windy so there was some fast shooting going on. I set up a decoy on a line to try to attract them into my shooting range. After a big shoot there recently, not a lot of birds came in. My 20 gauge shot straight and by the called quitting time I had 12 birds and declared a limit to the owner came by to pick me up. He said DNR changed the limit to 15 this year so, in reality, I was short three. While racking up one made the mistake of coming too close so I ended with 13. Everyone got some shooting and had a experienced a great day outdoors.
I really appreciated the invite and enjoyed making some new friends and Assategue sika hunters to boot. I just got finished breasting the birds and a dove BBQ for two is in order soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment