Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rut Heating Up in Sika Country

Posted up in a sika hole lat night with a 15 yard shot max. After much heat and no bugles the last week last night was the opposite with 3 to 4 different stags heard. My vocalizations brought nothing but some distant splashing. My partners bugle and whine brought a hind then a six pointer chasing. he didn't get a shot because of the stag's hind chasing antics which got the adrenalin pumping.


Will try tomorrow morning unless its a hard rainout. I will be testing out a new sika decoy the following few weeks. I have had success in the past using a sika decoy but this one is top shelf. I'll get some photos of it up shortly with a description of its great features. Stay tuned............

Also, I received and have sold most of the 20 bags of MWC Fatal Attraction that I picked up yesterday. I have a few left at $19 / 50 lb bag. I can't wait to get some out and get a camera on it. It smells great and should be quite an attractant. Stay tuned and read about it on the MWC site.                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment