Friday, October 1, 2010

Yesterday - The Deluge

Although the wind was up we took a chance and headed into sika country rain or no rain. Got up in a good area, set out the new decoy and climbed on up. I guess the wind and rain put them down as we didn't see or hear any sikas. The decoy was extremely easy to set up...just like a Montana Decoy. The maker did a wonderful job on it. I took a photo of it on higher ground in a big, open woods. See below


The owner came back in to get me and thought it was a real hind. I will be experimenting with them in the next couple of weeks of the sika rut and will keep you posted. I used some home made sikas with moderate success in the past. The picture quality and color should fool them I would expect. They are extremely portable, light weight and not bulky (you can put them in your pack or inside your shirt to kep your hands free. I will be selling them as they are absolutely the best I've experienced. They are like a Montana Decoy.

The weather degenerated in the late afternoon....soooooo........what better time to put up two stands and cut the appropriate shooting lanes.. We accomplished the task but were totally soaked to the bone. The water rose dramatically over our knee boots in just 2 1/2 hours. It was raining so hard that, on the way back to the truck for a tool, a 4' snake, trying to get to high ground, swam right under me in mid stride. With what we put up I can't wait to get back there for a hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment