Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lethal Weapon Live Observation

As some of you know Lethal Weapon (LW) is a food/attractant that Joe from MWC came out with recently. I have been selling it in Wic., Som., Wor. and in Delaware for him. I haven't tried it very much but the following is an observation I had last week at a whitetail spot: 

Placed some of the LW mixed with corn out a couple of days ago. I then came back the next evening to hunt there and poured some of the mix out again. A couple of does fed around in the food plot and then a 2 1/2 year old (could be a 3 1/2) 8 point came out and went to the LW/corn. He fed on it then walked away about 20 yards, stopped, turned around and went back to it. He fed then started to walk away only to turn around one more time and go back. He must have really liked the taste of it.

I also watched a button buck the same evening feed all over a newly planted wheat field and also around the edges on pokeberry and other misc browse. After an hour it finally fed my way and chanced upon a football size pile of LW  placed about 30 yards out. It approached carefully walking around it smelling cautiously/intently. Then it stretched it neck way out and picked up a morsel or two. I could hear it crunching but turned to walk away only to change its mind and take a few more bites. It then kept its head in that pile eating, allowing me to descend the treestand and leave. I took one final glance back and its head was still buried in the pile. 


Others are finding the same thing. If you want to try a 50# bag or more of it give me a call to arrange pick up. Not a bad price at $19 per bag. Its recommended to mix it with corn after an initial feeding of straight LW.

No comments:

Post a Comment