Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sika Hunt

Got an invite and didn't hesitate. Heading through the property early in the am came upon a nice stag and a couple other sikas. The owner said he could make it to the stand location we were headed to. Up pre day light I heard duck hunters heading out to scout and bush up blinds. Deer did not move early in my field of vision. Saw my first at 7:55 am ...a 5" stag but couldn't get it to come closer than 50 yards...a stag on a mission. 25 minutes later heard some splashing and caught brief glimpses of two running to another part of the marsh. Heard 3 bugles.

PM - another part of the farm. We heard two stags bugling late and jumped one sika ? sex out of its bed when sneaking into the stands. I don't know what this week will bring but do know that the sika action is heating up. Stay tuned..........

Only a few bags left of the MWC Fatal Attraction. Call me if you want to get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment