Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hot Saturday

I headed to one of my Dorchester sika spots this morning but ended up scouting and not really hunting. I checked out a new area for travel routes. Once I found those I selected a tree and marked / cut my way to and from it. Had to cut through poison most of the way. I used to get it badly as a kid. Now that I'm the opposite maybe this old crusty skin won't be affected. I guess I'll find out within the day. I can bow hunt it and also see a good ways for gun season.

Blackwater opened its doors to bowhunters today and I was surprised to see a lot of pickups in the parking lots. I hope someone kills some deer and doesn't get too badly sunburned. Thumbs up to all who put up with the heat.

After church tomorrow....two food plots get planted in Somerset ahead of the rain. The plots have already been herbicided and disced. It should be just right. Will post some pics of that tomorrow. A compadre and I will also be taking down some ladder stands and taking them to Delaware to put up, hopefully, before the whitetail rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment